2012 Rum Race Series

Started by Christopher, May 11, 2012, 09:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaGypsy

OOPS - Yes, Sea Gypsy finished at 19:51:33.  BJ

Christopher

Quote from: Eric713 on June 04, 2012, 09:37:16 AM
I believe Leading Edge was scored.   I don't think that boat was in the cruising class.  It is not registered in the Club Handicap Fleet and has participated in the PHRF Spin Class in the past. I intend to bring a copy of the Club Handicap Registrants to use as a reference after the races to hopefully alleviate the confusion. Can't hurt..right?

I checked with Leading Edge, Tom says it was a red flag (I thought brown as we finished right behind him) for Non-spin or shorthand as he had only a crew of 2, but didn't know the right flag combo for shorthand. 

Shaken not Stirred was reported as taking 2nd; but self-reported themselves near the back of the fleet with a time out of the podium.

Top 5 finishing scores will be adjusted accordingly. 
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

I think Bleeding Edge ran non-spin. I think they started ahead of me and the only way that would happen is if they were using their non-spin handicap.  I do not recall seeing them with their kite up, but I vaguely recall passing them with mine up so if they were running spin they would have hoisted.  Tom is a super sailor and I cannot believe he would do spin without raising his kite.

Christopher

Quote from: Terry Young on June 04, 2012, 07:37:36 AM

It appeared that some boats were not flying there class flag, it makes it hard to tell who you are racing against, or not and even harder if you are doing the scoring. SI are - ?Yachts racing in the Rum Series shall clearly display their class flag(s) from the backstay or other prominent visible position on the stern of the yacht throughout the race?.

If they don't have a flag, don't score them.  There are other boats out there just crusing about and coming in at the same time we are.
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

1st race adjusted results:

Spin:
1. Be Easy
2. Skanky Fish Floss
3. Silver Bullet
4. Loose Cannon
5. Island Time

NonSpin:
1. Tenacious
2. Dane law
3. Big D
4. Blind Ambition
5. Wee Doggie

SOS:
1. Mental Floss
2. Selah

Club:
1. Amore
2. Scalawag
3. Wandering Star
4. Katana

Adjustments: Leading Edge was not in Club as reported; Shaken finished later than reported.
Mahalo nui loa

Bee

Fabulous.  Nice to see some new names (except for the Island and Bullet) taking top honors.  Love those names.

Was nice to see so many boats on the water.  My guess is 60+.

I got some movies that I will need to edit.  Hopefully the wide angle is big enough to see something besides my big A......

Will post if there is anything good.

ShakenNotStirred

Scalawag!! I guess every dog gets his day, huh Todd!   ;D
2013 Commodore

edthemainsailguy

you talking about your big A...symetrical... right Bee?

beverly

Shaken Not Stirred officially reporting in...our finish time was 19:50:35.   And to think I washed the bird poop off my stern before we left the dock...we did have a great time listening to the Buffett concert live on Margaritaville though.  Drinks were cheaper, colder, better, no lines for the bathroom, it was clean...not a bad evening at all. 

And thanks to Jim Powers, Corrie and Kevin for gathering, setting up, cooking and cleaning up all the food and libations.   

Eric713

A nice showing for the Cruising Class. I saw Other Woman finish 5th, Lil Bit A Sol 6th, Figaro 7th, Stellar Of Course 8th, SNS 9th, Sea Gypsy 10th. I think that was all of us.

Eric713

I e mailed our time to Kevin. I'll post it here as well. Lil Bit A Sol finished 19:36:58.

ChrisK

Quote from: beverly on June 04, 2012, 07:12:41 PM
...and thanks to Jim Powers, Corrie and Kevin for gathering, setting up, cooking and cleaning up all the food and libations.   

PLus Chris Dees for putting together the INtro class and trying to figure out the results...I know from experience that's not as easy as it seems to do!

Thanks volunteers!!
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

New handicaps are posted and revised results for Cruising Class forthcoming.

Christopher

Updated results for Club Handicap in the first race:
1. Amore
2. Scalawag
3. Wandering Star
4. Katana
5. Other Woman
Mahalo nui loa

Deckhand

Rum Race #2 this weekend. I will be doing Ball Park dogs for the afterparty. John will be out on Tramp for some pics (last weeked just did not work out!). Smile  ;D
Scott
GBCA Commodore 2014