2012 Rum Race Series

Started by Christopher, May 11, 2012, 09:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles

I overheard Pedro discussing it with Jody, and Pedro had gone out into the channel.
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Christopher

Quote from: Hamburger on June 18, 2012, 01:12:16 PM
Far be it for me to complain about the results for the #3 race spin class, but it seems that Pedro and his mini-rocket came in second, everybody else - including Hamburg - moves down one. Or did he sail shorthanded?

Also, for the overall standings: The results for Mojo in the second race were for the 24' edition, the results for the 3rd race were for the 32' edition. Should be scored as two separate boats.

Pedro claimed RAF when he realized he had gone into the ship channel not realizing that it is an obstruction.

Thanks for the clarification of the two Mojo's.  I will adjust accordingly.
Mahalo nui loa

ChrisK

Great gumbo and pecaaaaaaaaaaaaan pie for RR#3!

Also thanks Kathyln and Duane Bez on Be Easy. They stayed until the very last boat taking results in the shorthanded class.
Past Commodore, 2010

Bee

Really nice to see someone as honest as Pedro.  Way to go.

Eric713

Charles

Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

Christopher

Quote from: Charles on June 19, 2012, 07:59:42 AM
Quote from: Eric713 on June 19, 2012, 07:40:08 AM
What is RAF?
Retired After Finishing

It's disqualifying yourself when you realize that there was something improper in the way you sailed that race; but, you cannot go back and undo it now.  It's the Corinthian thing to do.
Mahalo nui loa

Terry Young

Well done Pedro, now thats true sportsmanship! And that,s what the GBCA is all about, my hat is off to Pedro.

Scott, your brother in law says hi, very nice store!

Charles, lunch was very good at Donner Pass! :-) My crew better hope we never run out of food on HMR, I would make it, not sure how many of them would.

Stellar of Course

We plan to race in the Rum Race on Saturday July 7th but are a bit short of crew. If anyone would like to go along with us on Stellar of Course please let me know. We are not the fastest boat in the fleet but we have a lot of fun.

Ron Eddleman
S/V Stellar of Course

Terry Young

Ron

And I have to say you look really good out there!

Reverse course this week, and you point really well, and I am better reachingand down wind(Standard course). This could be your week!

Be safe!

"KATANA"

Eric713

Katana must be sweating.. His rating is down to a mere 196.. You only have a 40 sec. per mile advantage now. The pressure is on.

Stellar of Course

Actually it is closer than that as my rating is stuck at 218 and I cant seem to improve.

Ron

Eric713

Practice..practice..practice, we all need more practice..and beer!

Brad

Looks like a Viper vs the VX One Design for the Rum Race tonight.  Wind has picked up a little bit, but still light.  Should be fun.  Both double handed.

Christopher

Rum Race 4 results:

Spin:
1. VX One
2. Mojo(24)
3. Pingo
4. Hamburg
5. Infinity

Non-spin:
1. FarFigNewton
2. Tenacious
3. Madison's Life
4. Big D
5. Blind Ambition

SOS:
1. Mental Floss
2. Selah

Cruising:
1. Long Shot
2. Stellar of Course
3. Amore
4. Wandering Star
5. Lil Bit O Sol

Series results updated through race 4: Linky

Next race is July 14th.

Reminder: Boats shall not enter the Houston Ship Channel. The Houston Ship Channel shall rank as an obstruction.
Mahalo nui loa