2014 Icicle Series

Started by Christopher, December 01, 2013, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christopher

Quote from: Christopher on January 06, 2014, 05:47:21 PM
... and winners taking accurate record of the top five boats.  There is no race committee on the water, so we are relying upon scribbled scraps of paper, lunch bags, receipts, etc.  to make up our winners list.

You do realize that the last page of the SI's provides a recording sheet for the first place winner to score the top five boats?
But that would mean you are taking the SI's with you on board!   ::)  ;D
Mahalo nui loa

Christopher

75 boats reported sailing in the second icicle run of 2014!  It was a glorious day on the water - Ya gotta love warm winter sailing in Texas!  Sailor stew drew a large crowd at the apr?s race festivities!  Thanks Marilyn!

Icicle Race 2 - January 11 results:

Cruising Club:
1. Skalawag
2. Stellar of Course
3. Lil Bit a Sol
4. Escape Hatch
5. See Ya

SOS:
1. Selah
2. Mental Floss
3. High Cotton
4. Good News
5. Rapide

Non-Spin:
1. Wildcat
2. Ella Grace
3. Tenacious
4. Phoenix
5. Joy Ride

Spin Non-Sprit:
1. Baltic Raider
2. Picante
3. Silver Bullet
4. #41940 blue hull (Frers 41- Bill Maddock ?)
5. Toccata

Spin Sprit:
1. Hamburg
2. French Connection
3. Infinity
4. Leading Edge
5. GB

Series results through the 2nd race: Click Here
Mahalo nui loa

Deckhand

What another great day on the bay! With over 70 boats racing and another overflow crowd at the GBCA Lounge, it was a spectacular day. The photos are loaded and all the sets are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/ ,and race 2 is http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157639701053505/ . Thanks to Marilyn Horton (Rear-Commodore) for setting up the clubhouse and making Sailor's Stew. Hopefully NOAA is right with the forecast for next weekend. Be kind to you friends in the NE! Almost forgot, if you want any of the 100% pictures, email me sailsong@swbell.net.
Commodore Scotty
GBCA Commodore 2014

ChrisK

Another day of pure awesomeness!! Thanks GBCA volunteers and Lacy Bros for the great pics!! Next week we do it again!!
Past Commodore, 2010

Eric713

Counted 15 orange flags today.  I hope this keeps up!  Shorts in January.. gotta love it!

Stellar of Course

Will Handicaps be adjusted for the Cruising Club Fleet for Icicle #3? We actually finished in the top five for a change..

Ron E

Deckhand

Ron, the ratings should change. Looks like another nice weekend!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Kevin Box

Ron,

Congratulations on not being the "median boat", although that means a slight hit ;). Ratings will be out later today as well as full fleet info.

El Super Pollo-

Kevin Box

Some of the Membership has requested the full roster of boats finishing in the GBCA Cruising Class. We are nothing if not responsive to the requests of our esteemed Membership.

Please bear in mind that these are ?relaxed? and somewhat ?informal? races and not all results make it to the Super Chicken in time for the Ratings Drop for a variety of reasons. Help your Club help you by:

Turning in your finish time promptly in 24-hour format.

Flying the proper orange flag. Non-Cruising Class please don?t fly your MOB flag during the race. This is especially important during summer races. It?s confusing and altogether un-seamanlike. Come to think of it, no one should do this.

Turn in your finish time no matter how bad. Several have said ?I wasn?t in the top 5 so I didn?t bother?. Nothing could be further from the truth. The worse you do, the better your handicap becomes for your next outing.

Report times to jkevinbox at gmail dot com if you?re not sure your rum-stained cocktail napkin was recorded properly.

Use a good e-mail address when registering. Use a good phone number and check the box to receive text messages from the organizer. This is being used more to blast information during regattas.

Keep coming out no matter what your skill level may be. You?ll be a bit better next time.

All Reporting Finishes:https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/regatta_uploads/2575/2014RumRaceClubHandicap.pdf
Ratings:http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2

Fair winds

Deckhand

Another beautiful day on The Bay! I forgot to thank Gerhard last night for the excellent food by King's Biergarten. King's is always a treat. Two more races left and everthing is up for grabs.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Bee

I agree.

Thanks Gerhard

Thanks Kings

Wish I could stay longer.  Just too damn far to drive to get home.

Christopher

More than 65 boats came out for another gorgeous day of sailing on the bay!  Kings Bier Garten Goulash fed and warmed an overflow crowd at the clubhouse!  Thanks Gerhard!

Icicle Race 3 - January 18 results:
Cruising Club:
1. Stellar of Course
2. Gemini
3. Skalawag
4. Second Wind
5. Escape Hatch

SOS:
1. Shearwater
2. High Cotton
3. Selah
4. Mental Floss
5. Good News

Non-Spin:
1. Ella Grace
2. Wildcat
3. Tenacious
4. Further
5. Tom foolery

Spin Non-Sprit:
1. Loose Cannon
2. Silver Bullet
3. Picante
4. #5101 Pingo
4. Phoenix
5. Tejas Blue #41940

Spin Sprit:
1. Airborne
2. Hamburg
3. Radiance
4. Infinity
5. Cyrano

Series results through the 3rd race: Click Here
Mahalo nui loa

Maarten

Another splendid day on the water. Just thinking of our north west european and northerly US sailing friends give "Icicle" a special meaning. We got a sheet stuck in a winch adding to the increasing frustration with westmarine quality for these items. That's where a good knife saves the day.

Deckhand

I got the pictures loaded up. Icicle 3 is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157639948780393/ , and all the sets are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/ . If you would like the 100% photos, let me know at sailsong@swbell.net.
GBCA Commodore 2014

Maarten

I am always waiting for the pictures and never disappointed. I have written this before and repeat here again: the GBCA races are particularly special because you can relive them when the fantastic Lacy pictures come in. Thanks for being out there time and again. And a special thanks for the extra pictures of sailing by.