2014 Icicle Series

Started by Christopher, December 01, 2013, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisA

Update from Philip Kropf on the dredging.

Terry Young

Ice#5 = Judge Smails Regatta is that correct!!!  Now lets have some fun, and what kind of great food will there be at the club house this time!

Deckhand

Judge Smails it is this weekend! It is also the Standard Course. This weeks cuisine will be provided by "Jackie's Brickhouse". Chicken Tortilla Soup and good times for out last race of the Icicle Series. JB (just down the street on 2094) will have some discount coupons available and have The Nailers playing live Saturday after the GBCA Lounge closes down. Thanks to Dave Liggett for getting this sponsor! Four of the five classes are up for grabs. Put on your best ascot, blue blazer, and yachty cap, and sail your ascot off ;)!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Deckhand

Just a reminder. According to the SI's:
XI. Series Awards
Trophies for the series will be awarded to the top three eligible yachts in each class based on points awarded per race. All yachts must be owned by a GBCA senior member and have a valid PHRF-GB certificate as of the date of the last race in the series to be eligible for series awards. GBCA Club Handicap class participants are not required to have a rating certificate.

Make sure you Senior Membership is current. Help your Club and good luck with winning the ever coveted trophy class flags!
GBCA Commodore 2014

Kevin Box

The (somewhat) Honorable Judge Elihu Smails has issued a pro forma incognito de-facto writ of hilarious corpus subsequent to being bitten by a drunken chicken said to be under the (alleged) custody of the GBCA and ordered that new ratings for the GBCA Cruising Class be ex-wasted and available post-hatched after the usual circumlocutions:

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2

Last Week's Reporting Finishers:

Skalawag 
Escape Hatch
Firewater
Figaro
Stellar of Course
Knot on Call
Royal Crescent
Other Woman
Ananda 
Second Wind

Stellar of Course

Well I am back to the middle of the fleet with no change in handicap. Seems like I have been here  before.  :)

Ron E

Eric713

Maybe not Ron.  I was on the submitted sheet but we're not showing up on the list. We were after Knot On Call and before Royal Crescent. I just sent Kevin an E-Mail. 14:07:06.

Kevin Box

Ed,

You weren't on the list from the "Bench". I will release the chicken for a re-drop after morning feed. We get better "results" that way.

"Knot on Call" will be the sole median boat with Ron above and you below. Depending on how it "shakes out" some boats may change.
Should be done by 0900-1000 and I'll e-mail everyone then. Anyone else that wants to crow about their finish, squawk now!

Terry Young

I think the chicken has laid some bad eggs(Chicken may have the flu), I almost looks like we start same time the party starts. O well, I happy for the Club Class leader?s they all have sailed well and all have good captains, but I have to put my money on Stellar of Course,  Go ?Captain Ron?. 
Kevin don?t know if it is possible, but can you post the finish times of the Club Class, I know you already you have a lot on your plate, but just asking. Just want to say thanks Kevin and all the rest of the committee for all their time and hard work on another great 2014 Icicle series.
                    Terry Young(FireWater crew)

Kevin Box

Terry,

Firewater's rating dropped 5 after Icicle #4.  That's pretty typical for a boat that placed 3/11. What am I missing?

PS Eggs have nothing to do with the results of a "chicken drop" game ;)

Kevin Box

The median finish only changed by 9.5 seconds. That?s wasn?t enough to change anything.

Breathe easy Ron!

Nice try Ed!

Fair winds,
El Pollo

Eric713

Don't piss off the chicken.. He may turn in to a vulture! BEWARE!

Christopher

Another pleasant day for 50+ boats who come out to sail and complete the 2014 Icicle series, followed by great camaraderie at the apr?s race party on the deck.  Chicken tortilla soup, provided by Jackie's Brickhouse warmed the crowd.  Thanks Dave Liggett for coordinating the meal.

Winner of the Judge Smails Regatta goes to Escape Hatch!

Results of race 5 are:

SOS
1. Shearwater
2. High Cotton
3. Selah
4. Mental Floss
5. Rapide

Cruising Club
1. Royal Crescent
2. Second Wind
3. Knot on Call
4. Skalawag
5. Ananda

Non-Spin
1. Ella Grace
2. Wildcat
3. Tenacious
4. Be Easy
5. Joan III

Spin Non-Sprit
1. Baltic Raider
2. Alert
3. Petite Helen
4. Picante
5. Revolution

Spin Sprit
1. Duck n Dive - Viper #103
2. GB
3. Infinity
4. J70 #241
5. Stinger

Series results through race 5: Click here
Mahalo nui loa

Eric713

Deckhand

What an end to a wonderful series! Thanks to all who participated and to all the sponsors that provided food for three of the races, King's Biergarden and Restaurant, Jackie's BrickHouse, and one anonymous donor. Thanks to the rest of the Board and numerous other volunteers for helping put on these races. The photos to the Judge Smails Regatta are posted at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/72157640474326915/ , and all the sets at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lacyphotos/sets/ . If anyone would like the 100% pictures, send me an email with the photo number and race at sailsong@swbell.net.
  Don't forget the Commodore's Ball February 15th. It should be a fun time, and, for all the Icicle Series winners , your Trophy Flag. The Yachtsman of the Year, Crewperson of the Year, and Volunteer of the Year will be awarded. Come celebrate their accomplishments and dance the night away. I hope to see you there.
  Our next regatta is the St' Patrick's Day Regatta on March 15th. The NOR will be out in a timely fashion. Keep it on your calendar.
Commodore Scotty
GBCA Commodore 2014