Texas Race Week at Galveston 2010, July 22-24th

Started by ChrisK, May 14, 2010, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

Dear Dr. Box.  Oh Ye of Shroedinger Equation fame.

Please post the lease agreement.

Thanks.

Bee

Jack

You can always just tie up on the visitor pier.

JASpithill

Bee - Did GYC have slips available in the past that they charged for?  I thought everyone tied up and rafted up along the wall.  Also thanks for clearing up the Three Fat Brothers for me.  I agree they do a superb job recording our racing activities for posterity!

Bee

As far as I know they had limited slips available but only if you reserved about 3 years in advance.  Always were a bit nasty when one asked.  I think IKE changed all that.  A number of boats went the way of the great sailing club in the sky, never to return.  What I have heard is that you can now expect to get a slip if you call early --- which I intend to do.

Jim Powers

From an earlier post by Kathy:

For the Skipper's that plan on getting a slip at Galveston Yacht Club:The marina rate is $1.50/foot/night (regular rate: $2.00).  They will begin to take reservations two weeks before the event.
Boats will have to fill out a temporary lease agreement, which is standard for all transients now.  You can call Rita at 409-762-1253 or 800-866-2869 to make slip arrangements.  Please note again that they will not take reservations until two weeks before the event.

Jim Powers

Amended NOR is posted on Regatta Network. The amendment is to notify competitors that the transient pier is not available because of structural damage.

Kevin Box

Since the HYC offshore race was cancelled before the entry deadline, there is a possibility that boats planning to enter in order to accumulate points toward the Texas Navy Cup could have been materially prejudiced.  The series scoring for the Texas Navy Cup this year has been changed to the following:

?The Texas Navy Cup will be awarded to the PHRF Spinnaker yacht with the lowest PHRF fleet score combining all races of the GBCA Texas Race Week and the LYC Heald Bank race (PHRF Fleet).  Yachts that did not participate in the LYC race shall have the score of 7 (LYC PHRF Fleet+1) added for purposes of Texas Navy Cup scoring.  The highest score of the combined series shall be excluded.?

The above will be included in the SI.  A preliminary version will be available online before the skipper?s meeting.

JASpithill

What is the procedure for withdrawing from TRW thru Regatta Network and requesting a refund of the entry fee?  Thanks.

Jim Powers

Quote from: JASpithill on July 08, 2010, 10:18:35 AM
What is the procedure for withdrawing from TRW thru Regatta Network and requesting a refund of the entry fee?  Thanks.

Jack,
Done. Refund should show up in a few days.
Jim

dwoody

Where is Gambler the J122, and Revolution the 1D35, does anyone know if they are going to come out to play?

ChrisK

Both local 1d35s Revolution and Tres Hmbres are in
No word from Gambler J122 or the other 1d35 in Dallas...
If you know those guys...tell them to sign up!

Also, need a few more non-spinnaker to round out the mix.
Past Commodore, 2010

hayesrigging

Last time I spoke to Jay Lutz he said Gambler was coming out for TRW.  What has happened to the J-109's, 105's, 100 raters, etc....???  PHRF A should be a lot of fun.

Jeff K

Who wasn't on the vang?

ChrisK

Tres Hombres....better?  Blame it on my continuing recovery from July 4th....
Past Commodore, 2010