Texas Race Week at Galveston 2010, July 22-24th

Started by ChrisK, May 14, 2010, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryM

Please note that the true Mar Kat uses squirt but I have also found that Fresca is an acceptable substitute!  Can't wait for our favorite TRW bartender to whip up some more Mar Kats - a drink is like a sandwich, it always seems to taste better when someone makes it for you!

ChrisK

Yey Michelle is back, our official TRW bartender!  

In other news, if you haven't seen the registration, it's at 20 so far, with some sweet spin and non-spin rides lined up.

Is that the same Alessandra of old in the non-spin class?   

Skippers meeting is this Friday GBCA Clubhouse at 1900

It's your first chance to get your super cool limited edition TRW/GBCA merchandise, while it lasts!  
Past Commodore, 2010

Kevin Box

Bee

Wow!  21 boats.  Not bad.  Would be nice if it were 30 but 21 is just great.

Eric713

Vicki and I have been affiliated with other clubs over the past fifteen years.  We joined GBCA last April and have had the time of our lives!  Great people, great racing, GBCA always gets it right!  I can't believe you guys even have sandwich delivery each morning of TRW!  We're ready to party!  Lil Bit A Sol gets her butt cleaned 7/20..  

Bee

Double WOW!  22 boats with some really really biggies.  I think I wanna go home.

ChrisK

Impressive lineup indeed!

Bee, just rename your J105 "Giant Killer"
Your name is already on the Texas Navy Cup, there is room to put it on there again :D
Past Commodore, 2010

beverly

Question:  Can anybody tell me how to get a cool, limited edition GBCA Tervis ICE BUCKET?
Answer:  Ya gotta come to TRW and WIN ONE! 

That's right folks - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place boat after Saturday's totals will be able to chill their beverages with ice cubes from their own ice bucket.  And in true GBCA fashion we hope you share your libations with 4th through last place :-)

Check 'em out at the skipper's meeting tonight.  We have tumblers for sale so you can keep your MarKat's cold too.

ChrisK

Imagine how good your crew will look in the 2010 Texas Race Week T-shirt! Now available.
Past Commodore, 2010

KathyR

8) TRW Housekeeping Notes!

Kevin and I took a cruise down to Galveston yesterday to turn in the sandwich orders some of you submitted at the Skippers meeting (while sampling some pizza and other delicious menu items for lunch).  REMINDER to the Skippers, if you are planning to order sandwich?s please have them FAXED TO NY PIZZERIA no later than Tuesday.  We just want to make sure all the orders are ready for Thursday morning.  I will be picking up the sandwiches and will have them down at the marina around 8:30 a.m. each morning.  I do not deliver to the boats, so you need to find my white Honda Accord Crosstour which will be parked at E Dock near the sailboats each morning.

Also, for those of you not familiar with the GYC pool area.  The only entry to the pool is the back gate that faces the marina.  This will be the only gate open for entry to the pool.  The front of the building has been completely locked down since IKE.  There is parking along the back gate area, so save a walk around the building.

NO GLASS CONTAINERS ALLOWED IN THE POOL AREA (except the rum bottles GBCA supplies at the palapa bar).  Pool Rules will be posted, but please do not bring any glass containers in the pool area (no beer bottles please).  Also, another important pool rule to remember, no swimming in the pool after 9pm due to no lighting in the pool.  Believe me, the water gets dark at night and people are drinking, so please respect the Life Guard, Jillian if she tells you, ?out of the pool please.?  We want everyone to have a fun time, but we also want everyone to be safe.

We?ll have t-shirts ($20), tervis tumblers (16oz=$20, 24oz=$25) and EVENT tickets ($25) for sale on Thursday.  You MUST have an event ticket to get the wristband which will allow you to receive food, rum and beer for all three nights.  One ticket=3 Nights!  PLEASE BRING CASH OR CHECK?NO CREDIT CARDS!!!

Let?s have a GREAT time sailing and partying!!!  See you in Galveston!

Frank Tamborello

What's the ice situation going to be? Will there be ice on-site at GYC? Where will it be located and how much will it cost?

Bee

If you put your boat in a slip at GYB there is a bait/ice house just around the corner.  Ask anyone for directions.

Frank Tamborello

Quote from: Bee on July 19, 2010, 10:55:00 AM
If you put your boat in a slip at GYB there is a bait/ice house just around the corner.  Ask anyone for directions.

I'm asking for directions now so I'll have less running around to find things when I get there, and so I was hoping for something more specific. I'll be docked on E Pier?is there an ice machine at the end of that pier or so far the other side of the marina that I might as well just buy ice when I'm at the grocery store anyway? Also, how much it will cost inside the marina?

Jim Powers

Here is a picture of what Bee is talking about. its too far to walk from E dock, but you can stop on the way to the dock in  your car to get ice.i don't know how much it costs. http://www.galvestonyachtclub.com/marina/features.php

KathyR

I just called GYB Fuel Dock (they sell ice too).  The 40 lb bags at GYB Fuel Dock are $6.50 plus tax.  They take credit cards or cash.  The bait store also sells ice, but they are closed for the day and I couldn't get a hold of anyone.  I know I use the fuel dock location for the parties because I need those BIG bags of ice!!  Just thought you might want to know.  It is a long trek from E dock, but not longer than going to a grocery store!