Texas Race Week at Galveston 2010, July 22-24th

Started by ChrisK, May 14, 2010, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee

Well Dr. Hayes, there is one tiny very slow and poorly sailed 105 signed up.  Almost got a Fort Worth boat to show up.

Best I can do.

Christopher

Mahalo nui loa

Kevin Box

Bee

Its been a while since I managed to participate in TRW.  Is there a venue for getting lunch delivered to the boats?

Kevin Box

Yes sir.  For the third year, New York Pizzeria will be the official sandwich (and giant  28" pizza) provider of TRW.  We'll have the order form online before the skipper's meeting.  You don't have to be at the meeting to order.  You will send it and CC info directly to them and food will be delivered to GYC each morning.

sailorjohnny

I noticed that on the notice board that appendix B and GA 190 are the same file. I'm assuming that the GA 190 file will eventually be pics of the platform.

Kevin Box

Fixed.  All the links open in a new window as well.  I should have the sandwich info soon.  I'm hungry for a "Lucia" right now...

KathyR

;D Good Morning!  Just an early reminder that EVENT TICKETS will be on sale at the Skipper's meeting being held this Friday (7/16) at the GBCA Clubhouse.  The event tickets are $25.00/person which covers 3 days of free food, rum and beer at the Poolside post parties after each race including the Saturday evening awards party.  Can't beat a deal like that!  Everyone enjoyed the Benno's Fish/shrimp dinner last year, so we have brought Benno's back to feed us on Saturday evening.

Skipper's will receive 2 event tickets in their packets, but be sure to encourage your crew to buy their tickets at the Skipper's meeting.  It helps me get a better headcount for the parties if I can get these tickets sold in advance, so whether you are racing or just coming down to party please stop by the clubhouse this Friday and buy your event ticket.  Tickets do not go down in price over the course of the 3 days, so take advantage of the great price for all 3 days of partying! 

Just as a reminder and for those of you that will be newbies this year.....You will need to present your ticket when you enter the poolside area at which time you will receive that evenings wristband (wristbands only good for one night), so don't forget to bring your ticket with you.  The bartendars and food servers are informed to not serve anyone unless they have that evenings wristband....no exceptions.  If you left it on the boat or in your car..go back and get the ticket.  The volunteers that take the time out of partying to assist with checking you in appreciate your courtesy and understanding.  With that said.......Good Luck on the Water and come back ready to cool off in the pool with cool rum drinks and cold beer!!

Jonsey

Kathy,

With the exception of two of our crew, everyone is out of town.  But you'll be able to count us in for a good number of tickets (11 crew on the boat)

On that note, hell of an A-fleet at this event!   7 boats that rate between 42 and -15?   That's Key West kinda racing!  Nice job, this is going to be a very fun regatta.

KathyR

Just to let you know.  We will be selling the event tickets down at Poolside on Thursday, so bring your cash or checks (GBCA does not take credit cards) with you.  I'm excited to see our entries and look forward to an exciting race week down in Galveston!

Scoundrel

Are there going to be t-shirts available too?

KathyR

You betcha!  BUT, we are ordering limited amounts of t-shirts this year, so buy early.  I'm hoping to have the t-shirts for the Skipper's meeting, but if not, they will be on sale down in Galveston.  T-shirts will be $20/each.  The back of the shirts will have this year's artwork that you see on the poster.

Speaking of sale merchandise! We will also have the GBCA Tervis Tumblers available for sale down in Galveston.  The 16oz for $20.00 and the 24oz for $25.00.  What better way to fill your rum drink at the bar than with the GBCA Tumbler!!  The ingredient levels of the TRW specialty drink, Mar-Kat, is based on the 24oz tumbler (for those of you remembering our great concoction)!

Remember all sales must be cash or check!!!

edthemainsailguy

can you repost the recipe for a Mar Kat.. thanks!

Kevin Box