2012 Icicle Race Instructions

Started by Eric713, December 08, 2011, 05:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShakenNotStirred

Terry,
Please see me after the rum race Saturday for a special club handicap project.
-- walter
2013 Commodore

ShakenNotStirred

In this Saturday's Icicle race there will be a special class for TMCA (Texas Mariners Cruising Association) boats.  There will be about six boats.

They will be flying TMCA burgees on their backstays.  It is red, white, and blue so shouldn't be confused with the other class flags. 

TMCA has assigned their handicaps, and they will be joining us for the after-race libations and story-telling. So party on!
2013 Commodore

Charles

Quote from: ShakenNotStirred on January 19, 2012, 09:24:52 AM
In this Saturday's Icicle race there will be a special class for TMCA (Texas Mariners Cruising Association) boats.  There will be about six boats.

They will be flying TMCA burgees on their backstays.  It is red, white, and blue so shouldn't be confused with the other class flags. 

TMCA has assigned their handicaps, and they will be joining us for the after-race libations and story-telling. So party on!

Excellent!
Moi Verstehe Nada,
Char-les

DollFin

Here are some photos I took - definitely not up to Gary's or the Lacy's standards and I'm getting used to the settings on the new camera, but I think there are a few good ones. http://photobucket.com/Icicle11412

Work out those sailing knots!
Sea of Tranquility Therapeutic Massage
713 408-0444

Terry Young

Sounds fun, I look forward to seeing you at the party.
Hopefully my wife(Carol) will make it to the party, she love?s the name of your boat ?Shaken not Stirred?, she is a  Martini Queen, and makes a mean jello shot!

Kevin Box

New GBCA Cruising Class ratings are here:
http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registrant_list.php?regatta_id=2575&custom_report_id=2

Read 'em and weep, or chuckle, whichever the case may be ;)

Eric713

Walter and Greg get to start on Sunday!  Maybe it's time for a separate cruising spin class.  They had 9 last week..

ShakenNotStirred

How often do we start and finish on the same point of sail?  Not too!
And we were lucky that those two legs happened to be downwind. Plus Greg sailed leg 2 perfectly, and tacked right before the big lefty, laying H mark close hauled. Turns out we way overstood trying to get to the new breeze first. Still probably the fastest way there.

I think it's time the GBCA Cruising class got more organized. Let's have a meeting after the race Saturday.  All you cruisers come find me at the party.
2013 Commodore

Terry Young

What a great day to go sailing, many thank to all! And the dogs at the party were great!

"Katana"   Finish time 02:04:55

ChrisK

It turned out to be great day. Shirts and t-shirts in January. We counted about 60 boats. The patio was full of folks with many new faces. As for the race, enjoyed pacing with our sister ship Attitude on the second leg. Some tricky wind on the third leg made for plenty of tactical options. Also, thanks volunteers, hotdog chef Scott Lacy! Looking forward to #4 next week
Past Commodore, 2010

gwittich

Gerhard Wittich/sv Figaro

Christopher

Race 3 results:

Spin:
1. Gambler
2. Hamburg
3. Stinger
4. French Connection
5. Airbourne

NonSpin:
1.Tenacious
2. Big D
3. Chinook
4. Live Free
5. Seven Star

SOS:
1. Tanura
2. Orion
3. Mental Floss
4. Selah

Club:
1. Chiron
2. Katana
3. Baltic Raider
4. Long Shot
5. Amore

Reminder to Club participants (from the SI's):
Each yacht finishing shall record their finish time and report it to the Fleet Captain after the race.

Updated series summary available at:
http://www.gbca.org/Resources/Documents/2012%20Icicle%20Series%20Results.pdf
Mahalo nui loa

SeaGypsy

Stellar of Course (Ron Eddleman) finished at 14:10:59.

Great race.

Eric713

Lil Bit A Sol finished 14:11:41. Great warm day on the bay! T/W Scott Lacy after the race> He retired from AT&T 2008. I'll retire 2/4 from the same. Now I know I'll have a purpose when I retire. I can flip hot dogs for GBCA!!

Eric713

Congratulations to Baltic Raider on a well deserved 3rd place. Jan is one helluva good sailor and he has a great crew. Lil Bit A Sol looks forward to competing with you this year and welcome to the "Cruising Class".